REGISTRATION FOR THE 14th EDITION ! – CLOSED
Registration are closed for the 14th edition!
WHO CAN APPLY?
All World Music artists and professional bands living in Canada are invited to apply
HOW TO REGISTER ?
1. fill the form here 2. Attach the following documents
- A portfolio : biography, artist statement, press kit
- Three (3) musical excerpts ,on mp3 format
- Three (3) promotional pictures (in high resolution jpeg)
3. For any question about the form and else, write at : firstname.lastname@example.org Exact registration deadline: December 1st, 2019 (for the 14th edition) No late applications will be considered.
The event is open to all artists and professional groups of world music, living in Canada. Participants of the past edition are allowed to participate again
- Syli d’Or application is free.
- Artists or groups have to be accompagnied at least by one musician.
- Basic technical equipment (sound, light, backline) is provided by les Productions Nuits d’Afrique and the venues.
- All costs related to transportation or accomodation are the particpant’s responsability.
- Artist and groups selected will be informed by phone starting from December, 2019.
- Artist and groups selected shall respect the agreements signed between Les Productions Nuits d’Afrique and its partners concerning the 13th edition of Syli d’Or de la Musique du Monde.
- All decisions taken during the event will be final.
- Artists have to be free and accept their schedule/programmation that could be between February and April.
PROCESS OF THE 14th EDITION
Presentations: 36 groups Every Tuesday and Wednesday from February 11 to March 11, and to September 8 to 30, 2020 at 8:30 pm at Club Balattou. Two groups each play for 60 minutes in front of the audience, which votes according to quality criteria. The compilation of the public votes leads to the selection of the semi-finalists. Semi-finals: 9 groups On October 6, 7 and 8, 2020 at 8.30 pm at Club Balattou. Three evenings during which the nine semi-finalists perform. Every evening, three groups each play for 30 minutes, in front of the public and a jury of professionals, who vote according to quality criteria. The votes of the public and the jury select the finalists. Final: 3 groups Thursday, October 15, 2020 at 8 p.m. at Fairmount Theatre. A gala evening, during which the three finalist groups play 30 minutes in front of the audience and a jury of professionals. The votes of the professional jury and those of the public, defined on the basis of quality criteria, are combined to select the finalists. The SYLI D’OR, SYLI D’ARGENT and SYLI DE BRONZE awards and prizes are given and handed out during the evening.
For any question contact Julie Dupic : email@example.com or 514-499-9239 #229