PROCESS OF THE 16th EDITION
1. PRESENTATIONS – SHOWCASES :
36 groups – From February 14 to April 12, 2023 – 8.30 pm at Club Balattou
Every Tuesday and Wednesday from February 14 to April 12, 2023 at 8:30 pm at Club Balattou.
Two groups each play for 60 minutes in front of the audience, which votes according to quality criteria. The compilation of the public votes leads to the selection of the semi-finalists.
2. SEMI-FINALS :
9 groups – On April 18, 19 and 20, 2023 – 8.30 pm at Club Balattou
Three evenings during which the nine semi-finalists perform. Every evening, three groups each play for 30 minutes, in front of the public and a jury of professionals, who vote according to quality criteria. The votes of the public and the jury select the finalists.
3. FINAL :
3 groups Thursday, April 27, 2023 – 8 p.m.
A gala evening, during which the three finalist groups play 30 minutes in front of the audience and a jury of professionals. The votes of the professional jury and those of the public, defined on the basis of quality criteria, are combined to select the finalists. The SYLI D’OR, SYLI D’ARGENT and SYLI DE BRONZE awards and prizes are given and handed out during the evening.
REGISTRATION FOR THE 16th EDITION ! – CLOSED
Registration are closed for the 16th edition of the Syli d’Or de la musique du Monde !
WHO CAN APPLY ?
All World Music artists and professional bands living in Canada are invited to apply.
HOW TO REGISTER ?
1. Fill the form here (registration are closed)
2. Attach the following documents
– A portfolio : biography, artist statement, press kit
– Three (3) musical excerpts ,on mp3 format
– Three (3) promotional pictures (in high resolution jpeg)
3. For any question about the form and else, write at : email@example.com
Exact registration deadline: December 12, 2022
No late applications will be considered.
The event is open to all artists and professional groups of world music, living in Canada. Participants of the past edition are allowed to participate again.
– Syli d’Or application is free.
– Artists or groups have to be accompagnied at least by one musician.
– Basic technical equipment (sound, light, backline) is provided by les Productions Nuits d’Afrique and the venues.
– All costs related to transportation or accomodation are the particpant’s responsability.
– Artist and groups selected will be informed by phone starting from December, 2022.
– Artist and groups selected shall respect the agreements signed between Les Productions Nuits d’Afrique and its partners concerning the 16th edition of Syli d’Or de la Musique du Monde.
– All decisions taken during the event will be final.
– Artists have to be free and accept their schedule/programmation that could be between February and April 2023.
For any question contact Sépopo Galley :
(514) 499-9239 poste 221